Product Harry Potter

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Book Review

Author: KiyaSamaArticle:It's the FINAL BOOK, folks! After ten years, we finally come tothe grand extravaganza that is The Deathly Hallows by J.KRowling and boy! was it a ride and then some. Harry is nowset to hunt for the Horcruxes and goes with his best friends Ronand Hermione. However, the sudden knowledge of something called'The Deathly Hallows' causes our hero to re-think Dumbledore'splans on defeating Voldermort. But hold on! What's this aboutDumbledore not being all that he's claimed to be? There's a newbook out that purports our favorite headmaster as a man with alot of secrets. Not only that, Professor Snape has even more ofa back-story that's bound to shock the reader. In the end, thegreat battle is fought, all our favorite characters make theirreturn - lives are lost, new ones begin and by the time you'rethrough, you feel you've been there with these characters fromthe beginning! I especially liked Harry's development in this book. He'sdefinitely matured (even though there are moments of childishwhims) but one can see that he has made an effort to become abetter young man. I also liked his relationships with Ron andHermione and a few other characters in the book. My absolutefavorites were the final battle scenes. J.K Rowling did awonderful job! I didn't like the sudden deaths of Lupin, Tonks and Fred (wellhis death was expected but it came as a shock to me all thesame). I also didn't like the character development of GinnyWeasley. Her characterization and mannerisms were quite unlikethe Ginny we've come to know and seemed quite out of place.Also, the epilogue, I could have done without. I did not see theneed for it, and even if J.K Rowling had to use it, I'm sure shecould have written it in a much better way. It was quiteconfusing and made no sense to me as the sudden appearances ofnew characters created a chaotic finale. However, I recommend this book because it is a finale that wasjust about done right...there are a few questions that werestill left, but J.K Rowling has promised an encyclopedia ofsorts to answer them. That I have to pick up once it comes out. Last but not least, with all the hoopla made about this, allthings considered it was a good book and a good way to endthings for Harry and his friends. I would have liked to see afew things changed around, but that's just me. Definitely a mustread for all Potter fans who have grown up with him over theyears!

No comments: